Thursday, July 26, 2007

Challah gets delivered on Tuesdays

BIG crisis at work. Kevin (the owner) has decided that things aren't working. The servers aren't self-sufficient enough. We need more order. We need more camraderie. His solution: Diana. Well, Di, which is her self-proclaimed nickname. She used to woork at Doc's Marina Grill on the water a quick walk downhill from Nola's, where the food's so bad we won't refer walk-ins there when we're no longer seating. They don't empty the trash in their bathrooms at night. The owner (of Doc's, mind you) was caught fucking one of his teenage waitresses on one of the front tables after hours by his middle-aged downtowner wife. Point being, the entire place is covered in salty harbor swank, and by extension, so is Di. She has her nickname tattooed on her hand, and some indistinguishable swatch tatooed on her left fake breast, just slightly below any lycra neckline. So Di is trying to bring order to our little halfway house, where every respectable Bainbridge girl makes a short summer pitstop between here and there. Except for Jade. And, boy is Jade freaking out. Jade has working there pretty much longer than anyone. She's only 222, but she works five doubles in a row per week, she's engaged to a rehaber, she has Chinese symbols tattooed on her foot (if I had a dollar for every one of my co-workers' tattoos...) she used to be a cheerleader. Jade is the type of girl girls like me hate. She's 5'2", blond, big boobs, big eyelashes, diamonds and a tiny dog. She stepped out of Nicole Ritchie's handbag. But, for some reason I really really like Jade and I feel bad for all the shit Kevin (the owner) gives her to do without paying her extra for it. I feel bad that he brings in a "manager" who Jade basically trains without getting the title of manager. Jade works hard. Despite big boobs big eyelashes, tiny feet and face, people come to the restaurant to sit at Jade's tables. Nobody comes to sit at my tables, that's for damn sure.

I have another interview at Google on Monday. They're flying me down to San Fran, which will be nice, b/c I'll get to see Christine and all them fools. Nice to get a change of food serving pace.

I get to see GirlTalk again tomorrow in Seattle. I'm stoked.

No comments: