Tuesday, July 31, 2007

(Tom) Riddle of the Week

This little stumper was given to me during my Google interview this morning. I can't seem to figure it out:

I give you a coin.
There are three doors.
You have to devise a way to choose a door, such that the likelihood of choosing any one door is exactly the same for each of the doors.

You can, but do not have to use the coin.


Needless to say, I didn't get it, but my interviewer didn't expect me to. He just wanted to hear "my process".

Sleep on that.


In other news, I finished Harry Potter 7 today. I must say, that even though it's a book like any other book, it does symbolize many many years of my life either reading or in anticipation of reading. Finishing it was bittersweet, but not as melancholy as I expected, and (shyly) hoped.

No comments: